Monday, July 06, 2009

Children Cancer Foundation - Hair For Hope 2009

Believing in creating awareness for children cancer and showing support for these children who may be unwell, I have participated in the Hair For Hope 2009 and shaved my hair.

I am glad that my honey and our friends, K & J, were there to give me moral support. Walking up the steps to the stage and wait for the hair stylist to use the electric razor to shave off my hair, I had initially thought that I will feel nervous or sad over the loss but nope, I did not and in fact, I didn't feel anything over the baldness.

Will I participate in the event next year and shave my hair again? I don't know. To me, supporting a worthy cause can come in any form and it's the thought that counts.

By shaving, I hope that these children who may be unwell will understand the message that physical appearance really doesn't matter much. I hope they stay positive and believe that they will get well and have the same bright future as any other children to be our future leaders.

And of course, I really wish that all adults can advocate non-discrimination to the younger generation because all human are equal regardless of race, religion, sex and age.

No comments:

Thailand to extend visa waiver for Taiwan nationals additional 6 months

The Thai government announced Tuesday that it will extend its visa waiver program for Taiwanese travelers to six months, expecting the move ...